Basic WEBEX guidelines
- FOR PANELLISTS (A panellist = a presenter / a speaker / a moderator / a chairman)
- FOR ATTENDEES (An attendee = a conference participant)
Here's what you need to know about the requirements to join our meetings proper way.
Most broadband connections have a different upstream speed than the downstream speed. For example, some DSL providers offer 1.5 Mbps downstream, with 256 Kbps upstream connections. This would not meet the minimum connection requirement for proper meeting experience.
Maximum bandwidth consumption of Sending and Receiving Video:
High Definition Video (720p): 2.5 Mbps (Receive) and 3.0 Mbps (Send)
High Quality Video (448p): 1.0 Mbps (Receive) and 1.5 Mbps (Send)
Standard Quality Video (360p): 0.5 Mbps (Receive) and 0.5 Mbps (Send)
Our recommendation to balance a business-quality video experience with bandwidth control to pick a speed of min 2 mb/s for a single video device
- Quad core 2.0 GHz or equivalent, min 2.0GB, 8GB RAM and more recommended
- Microsoft Windows 7 or newer 32 or 64 bit
- WHQL certified integrated sound device or compatible USB Audio/Video Device
- Analog or USB microphone connected and set up as default audio input required fortwo-way voice.
- Integrated or USB connected WebCam streaming device as default video input for video streaming
- Intel-based Mac, min 2GB RAM or more recommended
- Plugins enabled in Safari
- Mac built-in audio and mic configured and enabled is required for two-way voice.
Note: Some features are not supported on MacOS:
- USB-type headsets may not work correctly
- Animations/Transitions are not supported when sharing MS PowerPoint or Apple Keynote presentations
Access from a mobile device is through a native app download. Please download the application directly on the device from the applicable App store (iTunes, Google Play).
Note that features/accessibility may vary between different devices and OS versions.