The daily bus transfer for all registered participants is provided between the student residence “Masarykova kolej” and the ELI Beamlines building.
How to reach the ELI Beamlines in Dolní Březany in the case you miss the ELISS-bus?
You will need a short-term ticket for 30 minutes (24 CZK). Take the metro from “Dejvická” and go to the stop “Muzeum” (green line A, in the direction “Skalka”), change the line and continue to the stop “Kačerov” (red line C, in the direction “Háje”). Get off and continue by a bus No.331 or 333 to the stop “Dolní Břežany, Obecní úřad”. The ticket for the bus is 24 CZK and you will buy it directly on a bus.
From the Prague airport
1. Airport Express - Bus from Prague airport to the Main railway station (City Center): 60 CZK (~2 EUR). The bus line AE operates:
- daily from 5 a.m. till 10 p.m.
- in a regular interval of 30 minutes
- luggage are free of charge
Tickets on a bus, duration to the city center 30-40 minutes, depends on the traffic.
2. Taxi: price around 700 CZK (28 EUR), recommended taxi services and contacts find below.
3. Bus: #119 to the final station “Nádraží Veleslavín” and then by Subway (Metro, green line A) - through ticket (90 minutes) 32 CZK (1 EUR) per person
4. Hotel pickup:
Varies by hotel but usually from 600 CZK and up
The Prague public transport system uses two types of tickets:
- Regular tickets can be used on any type of public transportation and allows transfers between lines (subway to subway, tram to tram, etc.) and types of transport (subway to tram, tram to bus, etc.)
Adults: 24 CZK (Kc) for 30 minutes
Adults: 32 CZK (Kc) for 90 minutes
Tickets are sold through yellow ticket vending machines (also in English, coins only), at ticket offices located at some metro stations, at a Tabák/Trafika, at some newsstands, and at tourist information centers. A ticket must be punched at the entrance to the metro station and on the tram/bus to mark the start of the validation period. 90 minutes tickets available also via SMS by sending the text message "DPT32" to the number 902 06 26)
- Short-term (tourist) passes
24-hour pass: 110 CZK
3-day pass (72 hours): 310 CZK
The Prague Metro (Subway)
The metro lines currently are:
- Line A (Green) - running east to west from Depo Hostivař to Nemocnice Motol
- Line B (Yellow) - running east to west from Černý Most to Zličín
- Line C (Red) - running north to south from Letňany to Háje
There are three transfer stations in the city center where two lines intersect:
- Můstek (lower end of Wenceslas Square) - lines A and B
- Muzeum (upper end of Wenceslas Square) - lines A and C
- Florenc (main bus station) - lines B and C
In the Metro Station
Trains run from 5 a.m. till midnight in 2-3 min. intervals during peak hours and in 4-10 min. intervals in the off hours. The time elapsed from the moment when the previous train left the station can be seen on the clock at the head of the tracks.
Once on the train, the following announcements can be heard:
- Name of the station where the train is currently stopped, e.g. "Můstek"
- Warning: "Ukončete prosím výstup a nástup, dveře se zavírají." (Please finish exiting and boarding the train, the doors are closing.)
- Name of the following station (e.g. Muzeum): "Příští stanice: Muzeum" (Next station: Muzeum), followed, if applicable, by "Přestup na linku A/B/C." (Transfer to line A/B/C)
Trams (tramvaje) cover a large area of the city (with 500 km of tracks) and are used by some 300 million people a year. Daytime trams run from 4:30 a.m. till midnight in 8 - 10 minute intervals (8 - 15 minutes on weekends). Night trams (numbers 91 - 98) run from 00:30 a.m. till 4:30 a.m. in 40 minute intervals.
For the most recent information on Prague's transportation system visit the the official website http://www.dpp.cz.Find a connection at: spojeni.dpp.cz or download app “PID Litacka” (both iOS and Android)
Recommended Taxi Services
AAA Radiotaxi - tel. 140 14 or 222 333 222, www.aaa-taxi.cz
City Taxi - tel. 257 257 257, www.citytaxi.cz
Profi Taxi - tel. 140 35 or 2 61 31 41 51, www.profitaxi.cz
A price from the airport to the city centre can be about 500 - 600 CZK.