The ELISS 2019 is the fourth edition of the ELI Summer School series and its main goal is to provide young fellows with a comprehensive overview on the field of the generation and application of intense lasers pulses.
The school will be organized in five days at the ELI Beamlines in Dolní Břežany in the Czech Republic.
- High-power ultrafast lasers
- – Generation and amplification of ultra-short laser pulses
- – High Average Power (HAP) DPSSL technology
- – High Energy (HE) DPSSL technology and applications
- Generation of bright coherent and incoherent X-ray pulses using short pulse lasers
- Free electron lasers from IR to x-rays
- Ultrafast imaging techniques with short x-ray pulses
- Function and applications of short x-ray pulses (including synchronizations)
- Particle acceleration by lasers and applications: proton therapy
- Physics of dense plasmas and warm dense matter, laboratory astrophysics
- Ultra-intense laser matter interaction
- Nuclear physics with high-intensity lasers
- Femtoscience: applications in biology, chemistry and solid-state physics
- Generation of attosecond pulses: Attoscience photonics