EPS DPP satellite workshop on
Non-local Radiation-hydrodynamics for ICF
June 29, 2018 / ELI Beamlines, Czech Republic
This EPS plasma conference satellite workshop considers non-local transport of particles and photons in the context of inertial confinement fusion (direct-drive and shock-ignition) as well as pre-pulse physics for high-power laser-matter interaction.
Nonlocal transport is a challenge from the physics point of view as much as from the numerical point of view.
This workshop will address therefore equally the outstanding problems as far as physics is concerned as well as the corresponding numerical implementation.
Among the topics to be discussed:
- Non-local transport for ablation physics and direct-drive ICF
- How to handle laser absorption ?
- Lagrangian versus Eulerian approach
- What are the “unsolved” issues for non-locality ?
- Magnetic field effects
- Complex optics, collective absorption of lasers